Showreel Spotlight: Undergraduate Competition Finalists
The judging sessions have now all taken place for the 2020 COINS Grand Challenge and winners will be announced at a virtual awards event on Thursday 24 September at 11am US time (EDT) / Friday 25 September 1am in Australia (AEST) - tune into www.coins-grandchallenge.com/awards-ceremony
Discover more about the six Undergraduate Competition finalist ideas in this 'Finalist Showreel' - these range from 3D printing ‘antbots’ to construction safety devices, and construction technology to improve information management.
The 2020 Student finalists are:
- Maropeng Mphaho, South Africa, BSc Civil Engineering Student / Idea: A geopolymer concrete binder offering a cost-effective eco-friendly cement alternative.
- Krithiga Ravichandran, UK, Electronics Engineering Student / Idea: 3D printing ‘Ant-bots’ for remote construction.
- Quinn Sarah Hanitio, Indonesia, Engineering Student / Idea: IoT headset for safety and communication.
- Saurav Bhilare, India, Civil Engineering Student / Idea: AI Assistant for construction management which improves the process of information management.
- Samarpan Deb Majumder and Ankit Das, India, Mechanical Engineering Students / Idea: Aq. Sodium-Methoxide Nanofluid which incorporated into the cooling system of a building will reduce power consumption
- Keval Nandu, India, Electrical Engineering & Economics Student / Idea: SMART tech which aspires to develop smart buildings through a computer vision-based tech energy management and social sustainability platform.
Don't miss the awards ceremony of the 2020 COINS Grand Challenge when winners will be announced live - Thursday 24 September at 11am US time (EDT) / Friday 25 September 1am in Australia (AEST) www.coins-grandchallenge.com/awards-ceremony
COINS Grand Challenge hopes to boost innovation in the built environment, this year ideas range from construction technology to sustainable building materials and processes, as well as ones which could improve construction safety and efficiency.
COINS have over 35 years of experience of building construction software for the sector with thousands of people all over the world using our construction technology to manage all aspects of the construction process.