Showreel Spotlight: Open Competition Finalists
Judging is now underway for the 2020 COINS Grand Challenge and winners will be announced at a virtual awards event on Thursday 24 September at 4pm (UK time) - tune into coins-grandchallenge.com/awards-ceremony
With ideas that could transform the construction industry take a closer look at the Open Competition shortlisted finalists in our Open Competition showreel - which one would you choose?
Well done to all the Open Competition Finalists:
- Ged Finch, New Zealand, X-Frame PTY Ltd / Idea: X-Frame is a modular structural wall framing technology designed specifically for end-of-life recovery and direct high-value reuse.
- Ali Khaloo, USA, Aren / Idea: AI-powered infrastructure management platform to minimize the risk of infrastructure failure and optimize infrastructure spending.
- Hermione Crease, UK, Purrmetrix Ltd - Measuring the real performance of the fabric of any home using environmental data to analyse building performance.
- Bob Abtahi, Australia, Western Sydney University / Idea: Develop a value-added green aggregate using a combination of mining wastes and proprietary polymer.
- Franc Kamugyisha, Uganda, EcoPlastile / Idea: Upcycling post-consumer waste using a chemical free and energy efficient technology to manufacture cost effective plastic lumbars from plastics and packaging materials.
- Carl Hebinck, USA, CSF of Clearwater / Idea: Eco-friendly low-cost housing using steel structural insulated panels (SIPs).
The judges for the 2020 COINS Grand Challenge are leading construction industry professionals based in both the UK and the US:
Mark Beard, Chairman & Chief Executive of E W Beard (Holdings) Ltd
James Benham, CEO of JB Knowledge
Mohamed ElZomor, Assistant Professor - Moss School of Construction, Infrastructure and Sustainability at Florida International University
Neil Pike, Head of Sustainability and Business Improvement, Morgan Sindall Fitout
Stuart Binstock, President and CEO, Construction Financial Management Association (CFMA)
Susan Jackson, Joint MD of Campion Homes.
Don't miss the awards ceremony of the 2020 COINS Grand Challenge when winners will be announced live - this Thursday 24 September at 4pm (UK time) coins-grandchallenge.com/awards-ceremony
COINS Grand Challenge hopes to boost innovation in the built environment, this year ideas range from construction technology to sustainable building materials and processes, as well as ones which could improve construction safety and efficiency.