Transforming Construction Procurement With COINS' Construction Marketplace
E-trading expert David Bullock introduces COINS Construction Marketplace, an innovative platform which aims to transform the procurement process for construction and home building businesses.
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to take the simple, highly efficient, online shopping experience that we have all become accustomed to in our own personal purchasing over this last difficult year and apply it to the construction and home building sector?
The way we shop and the speedy delivery of items to our homes through lockdown has become the new normal.
Browse – Click – Add to Basket – Checkout
The next thing we know there’s a knock at the door and the goods are in our hands.
Simple – Efficient - Familiar
This revolution has prompted various sectors to examine how they procure and the construction industry should be no different.
Imagine this online shopping experience but now coupled with all the control, governance and compliance required for procuring the myriad of products and materials across a complex construction project, from paper for the office copier to vital PPE equipment needed onsite, from tea and coffee for the canteen to bricks, blocks, adhesives and silicone at the job site.
Construction companies and home builders need a simple to use, familiar shopping experience that will save time and cost in procurement activities, ensure adherence to supplier agreements and provide a platform for error-free processing.
COINS is therefore pleased to announce the launch of COINS Construction Marketplace.
Construction Marketplace has been developed to integrate seamlessly with COINS solutions providing the most comprehensive end-to-end procurement process for construction and home building businesses.
David Bullock, COINS
COINS is in an ideal position to pioneer this as we already partner with many of the UK’s leading construction companies, developers, home builders, builder’s merchants, material suppliers and plant hirers to deliver robust and innovative procure to pay (P2P) solutions.
COINS Construction Marketplace will provide a secure, centralised procurement platform hosting a wide variety of leading construction industry merchants and suppliers.
Key features of COINS Construction Marketplace
- Enables customer-specific price agreements on all products
- Suppliers can easily upload and update product information digitally
- Enhanced customer experience, browsing and selecting items for requisition and purchase is similar to that of using other popular shopping platforms
- Easily procure products from multiple suppliers in a single transaction
- Access product photographs, full description and specifications
- All items purchased are automatically fed into COINS eliminating duplicated work, reducing paper and avoiding manual errors
- Enhanced invoice matching process saves valuable time and money
- Manual requisitions can be created for non-catalogue items facilitating a consistent approach to procurement
As COINS Construction Marketplace integrates and automates processes with other COINS solutions it offers a ‘touchless’ procurement process for construction and home building businesses. There are many benefits for suppliers too, exposure to new construction companies being one, as well as reduced data-capture, fewer manual errors, faster processes and quicker turnaround of payments. A truly joined-up approach to Procure to Pay.
David Bullock, COINS
It’s still early days for COINS Construction Marketplace but the pool of suppliers and merchants is steadily growing with over 200,000 products available for contractors, developers and home builders to procure.
Are you a COINS customer interested in finding out more? Please contact us
- building software
- cloud software
- construction apps
- construction cloud
- construction data
- construction industry
- construction industry software
- construction industry software companies
- construction industry solutions
- e-trading software