COINS Continually Innovates Construction Technology
The construction industry struggles with major challenges like productivity, labor, supply chain and collaboration. While there has been resistance to innovation and digitization, the industry has begun to recognize the value of technology and adopt hardware and software solutions that solve business problems. Construction Industry Solutions (COINS) has kept pace with advances in processes and technology and continues to deliver innovative construction software solutions that deliver value to our clients by driving efficiencies and enhancing compliance, and controls.
COINS’ Software Journey
COINS is a leader in construction management software, providing end-to-end business solutions to the construction, engineering, home building and service sectors. COINS has operated globally for more than 40 years, developing and delivering innovative solutions to our customers.
The first version of COINS software began with a character-based platform. COINS then transitioned to a client-server environment, well before the commercial availability of the Internet, eventually becoming web-enabled. Our most recent software transition has moved to the Cloud, which enables easier deployments, provides secure customer access from anywhere and on any device all while reducing capital investments and maintenance costs.
COINS Construction Cloud
COINS Construction Cloud on Microsoft Azure is a powerful suite of construction-specific solutions that connect all business processes into a single platform. COINS Construction Cloud is the umbrella that weaves COINS OA and all other COINS software and mobile solutions into a single, comprehensive and holistic solution. All business processes from construction financials to forecasting, from time collection to operations, from asset management to document management, analytics and more, are connected within this all-in-one platform.
The applications within COINS Construction Cloud gather and store field and back-office information allowing users to query, report, forecast, process and analyze data to guide informed decision making.
The benefit of the COINS Construction Cloud platform is that users have access to one version of the truth, one set of data. COINS’ cloud-first technology provides seamless access from anywhere and isn’t reliant on any other technology such as remote desktop or desktop emulators.
The Benefits of COINS Open Architecture
COINS Open Architecture (OA) is a cloud, browser-based configurable construction ERP solution that can be securely accessed on smartphones, tablets or from a desktop. COINS OA was designed for today’s needs and tomorrow’s challenges and has the built-in flexibility to include new functionality and enhancements as our customers grow.
- Users can easily personalize the modern interface of color-coded desktop tiles to suit their preferences and business use.
- COINS OA dashboards provide key metrics in real-time, along with drag-and-drop tools that make it easy to generate and distribute reports.
- COINS Analytics on Microsoft Azure is a comprehensive business intelligence and reporting solution. Power BI visualizations can be embedded in COINS as tiles, desktops, and functions that can be shared on desktop or mobile devices.
- Dynamic Query capabilities give users the flexibility to build and save queries.
- Embedded workflows eliminate redundant tasks, improve data accuracy, and ensure compliance. Workflows reduce paperwork because the data is digitized and is seamlessly transferred to the right department.
COINS Construction Cloud Improves Efficiencies
COINS customers benefit from an all-in-one cloud construction solution that offers real-time data access, automated workflows that eliminate paperwork, ease of access and on-demand reporting. COINS OA, the core of COINS Construction Cloud, consolidates customer data in a cloud-hosted environment which improves collaboration, data transparency, and accessibility.
COINS software eliminates the need for multiple technology stacks because all business processes are connected and accessible from COINS Construction Cloud. COINS continues to provide enhancements that add value for our customers. A few recent enhancements include.
- The latest release of Office 365 makes it easier to integrate COINS with Microsoft Outlook which allows users to share data from the platform with external stakeholders.
- Integration with Microsoft Azure Active Directory (AAD), allowing for a single sign-on (SSO) with multi-factor authentication (MFA) for security for users of COINS OA, and mobile apps.
- Employee Self Service is part of COINS HR & Payroll solutions and gives employees the ability to update personal details. Employees can submit change requests for changes for their mailing address, phone, email and emergency contacts. They can also submit timesheets, request paid time off, view pay history and view team calendars. Employee Self Service is available to employees on mobile devices and from a desktop.
COINS Mobile Solutions
COINS has developed a variety of mobile app solutions that connect the field to the back office for data collection, expense management, scheduling, time collection, and many other business functions. Data flows seamlessly between COINS OA and other COINS Construction Cloud capabilities and these field-based mobile solutions improve collaboration by connecting the workforce, partners and data in one place.
COINS will continue to enhance existing software and mobile solutions and innovate new solutions to shape the future of construction technology software.
- construction cloud
- construction industry solutions
- construction innovation
- construction software
- construction technology