COINS, the market leader in providing IT Solutions to the construction industry and house builders, is looking for an Application Support Analyst to join our team. The primary purpose of this role is to deliver a high quality and responsive Payroll application support service to COINS customers using the COINS software application, in line with customer service level agreements (SLAs) and internal key performance indicators (KPIs) and operational level agreements (OLAs).
We are looking for a focused, hardworking and highly self-motivated individual who will go the extra mile for our customers. You will need to apply strong customer service, time management, project co-ordination and analytical skills to this position to achieve the goals we are working towards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide accurate incident resolution and service request management, within established SLA and OLA time frames, meeting or exceeding customer’s requirements and expectations.
- Manage incidents and service requests effectively; ensuring information is captured in the Call Management System for future reference and analysis, in line with ITIL principles.
- Take ownership of incoming customer support requests pertaining to COINS application software and perform initial investigations and diagnosis through to incident resolution.
- Troubleshoot customer application software incidents and identify root causes of application software problems.
- Fix application software configuration issues and test solutions prior to customers implementing them.
- Provide ongoing customer contact throughout life cycle of logged request providing regular customer updates.
- Make sound judgement of logged issues to enable quick and efficient resolution or reallocation of related software incidents and defects to other technical and development departments.
- Perform customer account management administration duties and effectively manage customer expectations regarding outstanding application software incidents and COINS activities to reach a satisfactory resolution.
- Continuous maintenance of COINS product knowledge and business awareness.
- Work with the Account Manager and Customer Service Manager on customer requests, taking ownership of the requests.
- Work with other members of the application support team to deliver changes to systems, including training and user documentation.
- Develop and maintain long term relationships with our customers.
- Ensure Customer Support Handbook targets and internal performance objectives are met.
- Adheres to GDPR and ISO27001 standards.
- Firm IT related background and application software support experience is desired for this position.
- Experience of application support within the Construction Industry is advantageous.
- Experience of payroll and HR processing in a multi-client environment is preferred.
- Have knowledge of UK & Irish PAYE legislation and have an understanding of UK and Irish tax, NI deductions, Pensions, Pension Auto Enrolment, SMP, SSP etc.
- An understanding of accounting principles and their application to payroll.
- Experience of supporting payroll within the Construction Industry is advantageous.
- Historically this role has been suited to personnel whom have worked in payroll environments and would like to make a transition to a more IT based/driven role.
- CIPP certification is advantageous.
- BSc or HND or equivalent in a computer or finance related discipline or relevant experience that demonstrates a skill level equivalent to this.
- ITIL practical experience or to hold ITIL foundation certification.
- Have an understanding of payroll and basic accounting business processes within a work environment or gained academically.
- Have an understanding of payroll and HR within the Construction Industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with focused attention to detail.
- Proven problem interrogation and solving skills for business systems.
- Professional customer service delivery skills and professional telephone manner.
- Sound time management and organisational skills with ability to make key business decisions.
- Drive and motivation with ambitious outlook with good customer focus.
- Possess the ability to logically prioritise and rationally escalate issues.
- Confident, enthusiastic, tenacious and willing to develop technically on an on-going basis.
- Highly motivated and able to work effectively under pressure.
- Team orientated working ethics as well as being self-sufficient and possess the capabilities to work using their own initiative.
- Possess the confidence to work remotely but also interact regularly with team members for assistance, training and general support.
- Business logic with an inquisitive mind for resolving complex system software related faults.