We are looking for a Business Systems Analyst (BSA) with experience in end-to-end product support, requirement analysis, agile methodology, and product solution design. The candidate should be capable of working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders and to evaluate and prioritize work in order to deliver software business solutions, on time, budget and to stakeholder requirements.
You will work in an agile environment in a multi-disciplinary team where Business Systems Analysts, Scrum Masters, Experienced Designers, Developers, Testers and Product Owners work together, as one team, to develop and deliver innovative solutions for our customers. We are looking for self-driven individuals who are passionate about their career and keen to develop further, to discover new ways of working and step out of their comfort zone.
- Undertaking structured analysis and discussion with users, the Product Owner, Experience Designers, and other stakeholders to elicit functional and non-functional requirements and transform them into user stories.
- Evaluate challenges and opportunities, communicate these to the team to allow for a better decision-making process and build consensus around the best way forward
- Producing necessary documentation as required in line with COINS standards and also working closely with the product marketing team to assist in the development of material to support the sales process.
- Reporting and escalating progress, risks, and issues effectively in line with agreed team processes.
- Contributing towards solution design, ensuring solutions are value driven, usable and appropriate taking into account the potential benefits and constraints.
- Working with Experienced Designers as required to ensure that usability and accessibility are considered in solution design.
- Collaborating with Scrum Masters, Developers, Testers and others within the team as required as part of technical grooming, sprint reviews, milestone demos, and handovers.
- Working with the Scrum Master, Product Owner, Delivery Manager, and other team members to manage the story backlog including prioritization and understanding the minimum viable product for each solution (and where appropriate minimum testable, usable and lovable products).
- Working with other teams to identify and manage functional impacts and dependencies
- Full participation in all Agile ceremonies (stand up, refinements, technical planning, estimating, retrospectives), including facilitation as appropriate
- Keeping up to date with emerging technologies and techniques in the area of expertise
- Contribute to technical community initiatives
Working with the team to:
- Ensure appropriate levels of detail (including acceptance criteria) exist and are documented for all stories at each stage of the process.
- Contribute to impact assessments, change requests and developing high-level estimates that allow the team to understand requirements and validate assumptions such that stories can be sized
- Contribute to continuous improvement within the team
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- A degree or other higher education qualification in a numerate discipline and/or equivalent experience within a commercial IT environment
- Experience working as a business analyst (or equivalent role) in a commercial IT environment, with experience of the full product lifecycle
- Awareness of Open Source and cloud technologies
- Excellent communication skills with experience working at multiple levels of an organization
- Ability to rationalize complex information and make it understandable to a range of stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including technical writing and presentation skills
- Work well under pressure
- A demonstrable capability of working with multiple customer facing projects and of persuasion and influencing skills
- Excellent workshop, meeting, facilitation, communication and presentations skills
- Experience in defect analysis in support of live systems
- Understanding of agile methodology