The Infrastructure Technical Specialist is a member of our COINS Autodesk team based out of Irving, Texas. This opportunity is focused on delivering professional services, consulting, training services, technical support, and technical sales assistance to our customers. The COINS Infrastructure Technical Specialist is primarily related to Autodesk Infrastructure Solutions applications in the civil engineering and construction sectors.
- Work with customers to help define their needs and qualify solutions to address them.
- Assist clients in the adoption of new technology through classroom instruction, mentoring, follow-up technical support and related activities.
- Provide software and industry related technical presentations at seminars, workshops, and client sites.
- Create new training material – including interpreting customer requirements, producing the agenda, and creating content and datasets.
- Attend pre-sales meetings (both in person and remotely over the phone) with COINS sales team members to help promote and explain Autodesk products and workflows.
- Create white papers and record technical presentations to support COINS sales and implementation efforts.
- Continually develop and expand your technical skills and software knowledge to stay ahead of our customers current requirements.
- Proficiency with Autodesk Civil 3D, BIM 360, AutoCAD, and Navisworks, as well as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint experience.
- Other Autodesk solutions are a plus – such as InfraWorks 360, Vehicle Tracking, Recap Pro and 3ds Max Design.
- Knowledge of Infrastructure workflows and industry standards as they pertain to the civil engineering and construction industries.
- A four-year Bachelor's degree desired, concentrating on civil engineering and construction practices.
- 3-5 years of industry related experience in technical training or professional practice in a civil engineering and construction environment.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered.
- Both speaking and writing abilities are essential in this role – presenting products in their best light, and teaching complex technical workflows.
- Ability to analyze and interpret user requirements.
- Ability to respond effectively to customer inquiries and problems.
- Strong organizational, problem solving and time management skills.
If you were to join us, you would soon discover that we partner with our customers for the long-term, and excel at building strong, enduring relationships, including those with our employees. Members of our team enjoy a flexible work environment, competitive pay and a wealth of employee benefits that include medical, dental vision coverage, a 401(K) plan, short and long-term disability insurance, and much more.