This role of the Payroll Officer is to take full responsibility for the Payroll function for the COINS UK and Ireland trading companies. The job holder will also be required to ensure that all relevant statutory and regulatory requirements are complied with. The role will also entail providing support for other functions within the finance department and any other work as required from time to time.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for full payroll cycle for monthly UK & ROI payrolls including RTI submissions;
- Ensure compliance with current legislation, internal policies and procedures. Maintain high level of professional development to ensure senior management are informed of any changes to statutory or legal requirements regarding payroll, pensions etc.;
- Administrator for group company pension. Manage the Auto Enrolment process/ pension scheme joiners/leavers;
- Conduct Payroll Inductions for new starters;
- Perform reconciliations for all payroll, loans and advance accounts. Manage loan accounts and loan interest schedules. Post Month End payroll related journals;
- Administrator for company PMI, travel & MediCash benefits. Manage Irish pension & PMI schemes. Manage Group PHI & Health Insurance Data & Renewals;
- Process and check all staff expenses for inclusion in monthly payroll;
- Compile annual P11D Expenses & Benefits and submit all HMRC statutory returns;
- Process 3rd Party payroll related payments and any ad hoc payments as required;
- Respond to all HMRC payroll/benefit related enquires;
- Manage In-Year & Year End software changes/ upgrades (coordinate internal support as necessary);
- Update system for Starter/Leaver user access, holiday system;
- Provide support for the finance department as required including acting as back up for Cash Book daily routine;
Accuracy of the records maintained impacts on the management of the company as it relies on the data for decision supporting reports.
The Payroll Officer is expected to interact in a professional manner with internal and external contacts.
The scope of responsibility covers the COINS UK and COINS Ireland trading companies plus any other associated companies as required by finance management.
Education, Skills and Experience
- A recognised payroll qualification is preferred, e.g. CIPP or equivalent professional body;
- Excellent knowledge of current payroll related legislation in the UK; knowledge of payroll legislation and processes in Ireland is beneficial but not mandatory;
- Strong organisational skills;
- Strong numerical skills and excellent attention to detail;
- Strong communication skills to assist with query resolution;
- Strong system skills;
- Willingness to take on new tasks and to adapt to changing technology;
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role in a finance/ payroll department.