We are looking for a professional PHP developer who writes code to be proud of and can hit the ground running. We need you to write elegant, efficient PHP to a high standard, in a timely and scalable way that improves the code-base of our products in meaningful ways.
You will be a part of a small, creative team that is responsible for all aspects of our software development from the initial specification, through to developing, testing and on-going product support and maintenance.
As required and directed you will:
- Write “clean”, efficient and well commented code
- Produce detailed product specifications for new products or extensions to our portfolio of cloud applications
- Produce “mock up” application forms
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases responding to client and internal quality reports
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
You will find opportunity to:
- Participate in COINS Foundation events
- Continue your own professional development
- Research new tools and techniques to improve our working practices or code base
You will have:
- 2 years of software development experience in object oriented PHP
- Demonstrable knowledge of development technologies including Subversion source code control, and a professional IDE such as Eclipse or NetBeans
- Understanding of open source projects like JQuery, Bootstrap, etc.
- Good knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Knowledge of developing web services including SOAP clients
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical subject
You might have:
- Knowledge of the UK Construction Industry and its business practices
- Demonstrable knowledge of Linux command line utility programs such as grep
- Knowledge of common internet protocols, TCP/IP, HTTP including configuring Apache
- Experience in developing database applications using MySQL, Maria DB or Progress RDMS
- Demonstrable knowledge of XML and XSLT and their use
- English as first language with GCSE English grade C or above (or equivalent), or English as an additional language certified to CEFR Level B2
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical subject.