We are looking for an experienced Customer Service Manager to manage our Customer Service Team with a focus on providing excellent service to our customers. The Customer Service Manager will manage a team of analysts, resolve emergency issues, provide training for new employees and will work with other departments to communicate, coordinate and monitor service issues beyond analyst capability. The Customer Service Team is responsible for customer service issues that relate to things such as product support tickets, development requests, training and short duration consultancy and project management engagements. A successful candidate must have strong communication skills and have the ability meet customer and company expectations whilst adhering to the COINS values.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recommends, Develops and implements policies, practices and procedures in relation to customer service initiatives.
- Responsible for employees’ training and development.
- Partners with the management team to align customer service department policies and systems with the company's objectives.
- Oversees customer issues and ensure effective and long-term problem resolution.
- Develops and implements procedures pertinent to the effective and efficient operation of the Customer Service Department.
- Monitors programs and procedures to ensure on-time delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Maintains in-depth working knowledge of COINS systems and processes.
- Sets performance standards to meet service goals of company.
- Coaches Customer Service Team in order to achieve high performance.
- Structures the training agenda for department members.
- Measures Customer Service Analyst performance and makes employment decisions.
- Provides feedback to the company regarding service failures or customer concerns.
- Provides feedback to other COINS departments to ensure all customers have accurate and timely information on order status and/or changes.
- Works continually towards self-development to stay current on customer service and supervisory procedures & practices.
- Assists Customer Service Analysts, in troubleshooting issues that require special handling.
- Responds to customer inquiries and problem solving in a professional and effective fashion.
- Acts as a resource in resolving customer issues brought to the Department by utilizing excellent COINS process knowledge and strong skills in negotiating and dispute resolution.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Criteria and Qualifications
Candidates will be seriously considered where their CV highlights specific experience in the following areas:
- Previous experience in leading a customer support, client services, or a related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to think fast, find answers, and respond quickly to customer issues, all with a polite, empathic, and professional voice and manner
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Encouraging to team and staff; able to mentor and lead
- Solution driven
- Customer focused
- A proactive manager with a high level of drive and enthusiasm
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education
- ITIL experience and/or certification
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring recommendations of the employees within that department.